This is a basic research protocol that can be used to explore incidence and associated risk factors for stillbirths in an obstetric setting. A draft protocol, a draft data entry sheet in MS Excel and a few reference articles are attached.
Please note that
- This is a basic protocol and we encourage investigators to adapt the protocol to their needs based on the facilities they have in their setting. This may include adding more variables as relevant.
- Methods of measuring variables are not mentioned as these may change with time. Will recommend investigators to document the methods they use and ensure they are of acceptable standards
- Definitions Change with time and hence I am not providing an exhaustive list of definitions. I recommend you cross check acceptable definitions when you do the study.
- Do your research ( I am providing just a few reference articles), Use the reference articles to further expand your research (and questions), discuss with your peers and seniors before you decide to start the research
- Obtain appropriate regulatory approvals
- Obtain informed consent.
Date of Development and Posting to Website: Nov 5, 2017
Research Protocol: Still Births
Data Entry Sheet: Stillbirths
Selected Reference Articles